Are you passionate about helping Colorado youth secure a brighter future? Do you want to gain experience in marketing?
At SE2, we apply smart, innovative strategies to develop campaigns that change attitudes, behaviors, policies and social norms to protect Colorado youth, families and communities, using a combination of advertising, community outreach, public relations and social media.
Creating communications campaigns for social good is not a side project for us; it is all we do.
And we need you to make it possible.
The essence of the Youth Advisor position is to bring youth perspectives into our day-to-day work on behalf of clients. The Youth Advisor will bring their unique perspectives, interests and experiences to the organization, while having the opportunity to work within a full-service agency, learn from professionals with decades of experience and have the opportunity to influence campaigns that impact the lives of fellow Coloradans.
This paid, part-time position has two main functions:
- Ensure youth voices are represented at SE2 and in client campaigns that reach young people, ensuring our organization and work remains responsive and relevant to the young people we’re seeking to engage and impact
- Create and manage social media and web content to support SE2’s clients and projects, with an emphasis on the platforms, media and tactics that engage young people.
In addition to bringing the youth perspective to our work, the youth advisor will have the opportunity to learn about the variety of positions and functions within an agency including account and project management, creative and content development, and administrative roles. The Youth Advisor will work with a variety of SE2 team members, project vendors and clients, and key community partners. The Youth Advisor will learn and apply the theory of Positive Youth Development while co-creating campaigns and content to engage their peers and support outreach to youth.
Additionally, the Youth Advisor will support the SE2 content team by creating and managing social media content for youth- and non-youth-focused projects. The Youth Advisor will work with staff to learn to create high-quality, original writing and graphics to support client projects and content calendars. They will also use the latest media trends, platforms, and tactics to specifically reach young people on social and digital media, and have the opportunity to share this expertise with the rest of the staff.
The Youth Advisor should feel comfortable talking in front of groups and sharing their opinions and thoughts with SE2 staff.
We recognize applicants will bring a diverse skill set to the table; therefore, responsibilities for the Youth Advisor may be adapted to best leverage the selected Youth Advisor’s strengths. Skill development and training will be provided as needed.
- Assist in research planning; manage and report back to the team on youth perspectives
- Brainstorm with the creative team to develop campaigns and contribute ideas on how to bring these campaigns to life through ads, websites, social media and events
- Assist in the production of campaign materials including social media content (e.g., posts, images), videos and other youth resources
- Present ideas and recommendations to internal and partner/client teams
- Help develop materials for recruiting other youth to participate in the campaign and support recruitment efforts
- Review and provide feedback on content from youth writers
Digital and Social Media
- Research and stay up-to-date on social and digital media trends, platforms, and tactics
- Work with the SE2 content team to define and integrate digital best practices to reach young people
- Brainstorm and pitch ideas for social media and web content
- Co-create digital content strategies with the content team that support youth engagement
- Develop and manage content calendars for clients
- Write and produce high-quality, original content on behalf of our clients
- Perform other duties as assigned to support project objectives
- Attend weekly check-in meetings with supervisor (a two-way sharing on current and upcoming responsibilities)
- Attend weekly team meetings remotely to stay up-to-date on campaign progress
- Respond to emails and other forms of communication in a timely manner
- Keep “office hours” as scheduled (schedule to be set based on the applicant’s availability). Standard business hours remain Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- SE2 is working virtually for the time being, so work can be done remotely. There will be a few opportunities for in-person meetings and work days in the Denver area.
- Track and record work hours using SE2’s time tracking application
- Be willing and open to giving and getting feedback
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10, 2021.